Develop your skills in producing audiobooks
NOTE: We now offer remote 121 sessions. In the current environment, to support the government directive of social distancing, you can progress your 121 training with a remote session. These are all very easy to set up – you just need a computer or tablet and we’ll send you a link to connect to our session. People with existing packs of 3 x 121’s, or those who are on a voice over journey, should be able to use their code for these remote sessions. You can book from this link.
Being an Audiobook Narrator is so much more then reading aloud – in these 121 coaching sessions we focus on developing the skills which define a great audiobook narration. Learn to choose the right material for you, prepare texts, analyse and understand the narrative arc of any text and lead your listeners through the journey. We look at developing Character Voice choices to engage your audience, pass-on essential workflow tips and techniques, and help you to prepare material for your audiobook demos or auditions. Learn how to produce audiobooks from home.
Our 121 Audiobook Coaching sessions are the next step in developing, growing and fine-tuning your Audiobook Narration over skills, to prepare material for your audiobook demos or rehearse for that next big audition!
- Discover which audiobook genres are right for you
- Learn how to prepare books for recording
- Practice the ‘Art of Storytelling’ – even for non-fiction texts
- Learn how to make engaging Character Voice choices
- Understand pace, energy, and representing multiple points of view
- Discover essential production workflow tips and recording techniques
- Learn how to produce audiobooks from home
- Learn how to use ACX, Findaway, and other on-line casting resources
- Prepare material for your demos or auditions
- Receive Mp3 clips after every training session for self-evaluation
These 121 sessions are a great way of learning how to produce audiobook material and truly understand the process around building your skills in this space.