Learn how to record, edit and deliver to your client
NOTE: Due to social distancing requirements, this session is only offered as an online session. However, we can simulate the same experience as you’d have in the studio by screen sharing and allowing you to drive the remote computer as if you were sitting in the same room as the tutor.
These are all very easy to set up – you just need a computer or tablet and we’ll send you a link to connect to our session. You can book from this link.
We know that setting up a home studio and learning the techniques needed to deliver broadcast quality audio to your clients takes time and practise. These personal 1 hour training session are a great way to iron out any problems you may be experiencing with your studio setup and answer any questions you may have.
- learn how to improve your editing skills
- gain understanding in how to capture the best audio
- want to learn about compression and EQ?
- want to learn how to drive software like Izotope’s RX7?
- get help in setting up your studio
- understand how to deliver to your client
- learn how to get that broadcast sound
- gain experience in acoustics and how to set up your studio
- learn how to set up inter-studio connectivity like ipDTL or Source Connect Now
- have your questions answered
|If you are interested in having your home studio tested to show that it’s able to deliver broadcast quality audio, you can have Mike perform a Home Studio Certification test.|
This is where the audio quality will be assessed through a series of tests covering everything from acoustics to noise floor to the quality of the recordings to whether there are any other artifacts you need to correct. You will be sent a very detailed report with an overall assessment and any recommendation needed to improve your quality should a problem be found. This test costs £75.
- You’ll need a stable internet connection
- A computer with a webcam – not a tablet unless you have a separate keyboard and mouse.
- If you currently make Skype or Facetime calls, you should be fine
- Please use some headphones to get the best audio quality
- We will send you a link that you click and join the remote session.
- The system requirements for Zoom for Mac, PC and Tablets can be found here
These personal 121 home studio training sessions are a great way to discover your software’s true potential and get the best from your plugins so you can deliver truly excellent quality audio to your clients and get repeat business.
Please note that although we train using Pro Tools, all of the principles in recording and editing apply to other DAWS. We can sometimes switch to another DAW to demonstrate this.
If you’re interested in our Home Studio Certification Test, please get in touch. We can help you assess the quality of your recording.