New to voice over? Learn how to get started in this Fab voice over training workshop
Get the best voice over training to help you get started. Learn the skills needed to succeed without wasting your time & money in a professional working voice over studio with our Intro to Voice Over Workshop.
This workshop is the perfect way to get on the voice ladder and understand the skills needed to build a career in voice acting. The last 30 years training new emerging voices has taught us that no classroom-based workshop, book or online voice acting course can give you what you really need to be able to find out if you have the vocal skills needed to get going. Voice acting is a “doing thing” and the only way to know if you have what it takes to succeed is to get behind the mic and take direction from an established working voice over producer. We will give you professional and honest feedback about how you might or, in some cases, might not get started in today’s voiceover arena. Interested? Then this voice acting training workshop is definitely for you.
No previous voice over or acting experience is needed to attend and you’ll learn everything you need to know about how to get started. This fun and interactive workshop is perfect for beginners of all ages. Our honest and professional feedback will help you make that all-important decision about moving forward. Check out our clients’ testimonials and see what others attendees have said.
Everyone needs to be heard and you’ll never know what you could achieve unless you take that first step.
- Recording studio and not classroom-based
- How the voice over industry works and what is needed to get started
- Discover your signature voice, age, range & style
- Understand & explore the 4 core elements to voiceover
- The different types of voice demos available to you
- How the internet has changed the way we work
- Agents & other ways to find work online
- Microphone technique & the importance of movement
- Finding the melody & rhythm in a script
- Scripts and how to mark them
- How to market your voice & get work
- Ways to move forward and develop your voice skills further
- Small class size of only 7 people & plenty of time behind the Mic
- No previous voice over or acting experience is needed to attend
- All languages supported
- Individual scripts – plenty of mic time & the chance to learn from others
- Professional feedback of your vocal abilities to help you move forward
- Free Workshop eBook covering all topics discussed
- Access to our Members’ Area – practice scripts, research and homework
- Mp3 clips of your workshop performance for self-evaluation
- £10 off your first 121 personal training session
- Certificate of Training provided
|JP has been in the VO business since the age of 21 and has worked on both sides of the glass as a voice over, engineer and producer. He grew up in recording studios and has been a session singer and performer in many musicals such as The Rocky Horror Show, Hair and Godspell. JP established “The Showreel” in 1987 with the idea to create a school specifically for voiceover training and showreel demo production. He is a highly respected voiceover producer and vocal coach with over 30 years experience and a BAFTA nomination to his name. He continues to lecture at many top drama schools and universities to share his passion for the “Human Voice”.|
- No previous voice over experience is needed to attend this workshop
- Voice sample required prior to workshop – details in booking confirmation
- Please bring your voice, a bottle of water and a pad of paper for notes
- Refreshments provided throughout the day
This voice over training workshop will give you an industry overview, help you understand your existing vocal skills and give you the knowledge needed to get a voice plan together with a view to recording your demo. It is designed to enable you to find your “signature” voice. It focuses mainly on commercial and narrative genres although we’ll discuss all other areas you might want to explore such as games, animation, character, audiobook and radio drama.
SAVE!! You might also be interested in our VO Journey Package which gives you the Intro Workshop, 121 Sessions and a Starter Demo at a discounted price. You can get started and work on your voice over skills at your own pace and end up with a great sounding demo at the end.