Fundamentals For Our Training & Workshops
- You must be able to read written English.
- You must be able to take direction.
- You must be over the age of 16 years unless by prior agreement with The Showreel Ltd
Cancellation, Rescheduling & Refunds
- A minimum of 7 days (168 hours) notice must be given to cancel your booking or you will lose your session payment.
- Your obligation is the full session value. In the circumstance that you cancel a demo, you might have paid the deposit but you leave us with a day’s empty studio time that your full fee would have covered. Therefore, should you cancel, your obligation is for the full session fee and you agree to cover this cost. We will take this payment from the card you made your deposit from.
- Cancellations due to adverse weather conditions will result in a £50 admin fee for Demos and Workshops or £25 for 121 sessions, but the balance of your session value will be used for the next available session slot.
- You may reschedule your appointment at any time up to 7 days (168 hours) prior, but not less than 48 business hours, to your booking.
- Demo Packs cannot be rescheduled if you are less than 7 days from the booked date.
- For Workshop, less than 7 days notice will incur an admin re-booking fee of £50.
- For 121 Sessions, less than 7 days notice will incur an admin re-booking fee of £25.
- Any rescheduling request within 48 business hours (Mon-Fri) of your booking will, unfortunately, result in any payments made being forfeit as we won’t be able to fill your previous booking.
- Rescheduling fees must be paid within one week.
- If no rescheduling payment is made, you will forfeit any payments made and your session will be cancelled.
- A Rescheduling request cannot be open ended – a new date must be provided within 3 days of the initial request otherwise it will be deemed as a Cancelation.
- Only one reschedule per booking. More than one Reschedule will result in your booking being cancelled until a Rescheduling fee for 25% of your full/undiscounted session value is paid.
- If a pack of 121s is bought and only part used there will be no refund available for the remaining sessions.
- You may request a full refund within 14 days of making your initial purchase.
- Any refunds given will be net of any transaction fees we have incurred.
- Any refund requests after this period will incur an admin charge of 20% of your full session value which will be deducted from the refund made. You will be refunded 80% of your session value as a credit note for any future Showreel booking. This credit will be valid for 6 months.
- No refunds will be given 7 days or less to your booking.
- No refund will be given after your first appointment reschedule.
- No refunds will be given on expired codes.
- No refunds will be given on partly used packs of 121s or partly used Voice Over Journeys. A partly used Voice Over Journey is defined as having used some but not all of the 121s or demo included in your package.
- In some circumstances, we may give you a credit Session Code to use towards a future demo booking by deducting the full value of each 121 session you have used from the purchase price of the pack.
Bookings & Session Codes
- All Demo and 1-2-1 appointments must be taken within 90 days of the initial booking date. Beyond this, we cannot reschedule and the initial fee will be forfeit.
- All Starter 1-2-1 Sessions booked with any Intro Workshop booking must be scheduled within 90 days of the date you are issued your code, otherwise your code will lapse.
- All codes issued for packs of 121s and Voice Over Journeys must be used within 90 days. Thereafter, your code will lapse.
- 121 and Voice Over Journey Packs codes that have expired can be reinstated by paying an admin fee of £50. Payment must made within 3 months of the expiry date. Thereafter, your code will lapse permanently.
- Any other Sessions Codes we issue will have an expiry of 1 month.
- In the rare event that we have to cancel your session, we will let you know as soon as possible. In such an event, your payment will be put towards another date. We are unable to reimburse any other costs you may have incurred, such as travel and accommodation.
- We reserve the right to change your booking arrangements or cancel your session should the need arise. We will always inform you prior to this.
- We reserve the right to transfer your session between studios or change the allocated voice producer.
- Session codes are not transferrable to another person unless by prior agreement with the Showreel.
- The Showreel will not pencil in/reserve any bookings.
- By purchasing a payment plan, you are entering into a binding arrangement with The Showreel Ltd and agree to complete all payments for your payment plan.
- Failure to make a payment will result in your plan being cancelled and any future bookings being cancelled.
- We may attempt to take payment again which will activate your plan for another day. If successful, your plan will be reinstated.
- You may cancel your Payment Plan by paying any outstanding balance.
- Should you fail to complete the payment plan you are agreeing to, we will settle the matter throught the Small Claims Court.
- Clients will be emailed details prior to your remote session.
- The Showreel does not accept liability if the attendee does not see the email due to it being filtered as junk mail, or otherwise.
- All outstanding demo payments are due on the day of the demo session.
- Any outstanding payments will be taken on the day of the demo.
Voice Over Journey and 3 x 121 Pack Codes
- For those who have purchased a Voice Over Journey/Voice Over Journey Upgrade or a 3 x 121 pack, all of your bookings must be made within 90 days of your purchase. This can be for any available future date.
- Thereafter, your code will lapse.
- We request that you send us your script selections at least 1 week prior to your demo session.
- If we don’t receive your scripts choices by this time, we reserve the right to choose script material for your demo session.
Post Demo Session Edits
- There is a time restriction of up to 3 months post your demo date for any edits.
- After this time period, any additional edits will be chargeable.
Drop-ins and Phone Chats
- Only one drop-in or phone chat per person, please 🙂
Colds & Sniffles!
- We know that colds happen so, if you’re within the seven day notice period, please call us as soon as possible (ideally more than 48 hours) from your session, and we’ll try find someone to take your booking. If we are successful at finding someone then no rescheduling fee will need to be paid.
- In the eventuality that you arrive full of a cold, we also reserve the right not to hold the session. Clearly, if we catch your cold it has a significant impact on our business and, as per the previous point, we are reasonable in trying to rearrange for another day even if you are within the notice period.
- Please ensure that you return the pass given out by our reception. The Showreel is charged £10 for each card that isn’t returned. We will get in touch with you to ask for the card back but, unless the card is returned, alas, we will have to pass this charge on to you.
- Any mp3 clips sent after 1-2-1 and Workshop appointments are for self-evaluation purposes only and must not be used as demo material as it is not covered by our music license.
- The prices shown on this web site are valid regardless to any other prices shown on any other marketing material.
- Any other prices or offers that differ to the web site are not valid.
- We reserve the right to change our prices at any time.
- Any prizes won in competitions cannot be substituted although they may be transferred to another attendee.
- Any prizes won in competitions for a Workshop or a Demo must be booked within 4 weeks of winning otherwise your prize will no longer be valid.
- The Showreel will endeavour to archive all Demo sessions for a minimum of two years. However, the Showreel will not be liable in the eventuality that any data is lost or corrupted.
- Any audio sent to clients have who have Workshop and 121 sessions with us is not covered by our Free Play Music Licence and therefore this material cannot be used for demo purposes.
- Clients who provide any audio/video material must sign the our Copyright Waiver and accept full responsibility for usage.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- By making a booking with us, you agree that we can contact you to let you know about Voiceover related offers.
- We reserve the right to use any demos produced at The Showreel as examples of our work on our website.
- We reserve the right to use any testimonials supplied for any marketing purposes.
- We reserve the right to use any video or photographic content taken during any client session for any marketing and promotional purposes.
- Any special offers made after your initial booking cannot be applied retrospectively. This includes any discount Session Codes.
Voice Calls or Drop-in
- We only allow one session per person. Totally appreciate that you might be keen to get going but these free sessions are limited and we know we can help answer the “how to get going” in just one session. Thanks.
- Some music with Showreel productions might be provided by www.freeplaymusic.com.
Changes To Terms
- We reserve the right to change our terms at any time and these will supersede any terms you have been emailed.